The aim is to find out weather light intensity affects the rate of photosynthesis.
Prediction + Theory/Hypothesis:
I predict that light intsinty (brightness) does affect the rate of photosynthesis. As the intensity gets higher I expect that the rate of photosynthesis will increase, until it can’t increase any more dew to limiting factors such as Co2 levels + temperature
1. Set up all equipment (see diagram).
2. Set the voltage on the power pack and then turn on the power pack.
3. Time for 1 min, then, when 1 min is up, turn off the power pack.
4. Use the micro-burette and record the results.
5. Do step 2-3-4 until you reach the maximum voltage (that you want)
* Glass block
* Power pack
* Light bulb
* Glass beaker
* Water (100ml)
* Pond weed
Exp. 1 Oxygen
Exp. 2 Oxygen collected (cm3)
Exp. 3 Oxygen collected (cm3)
From my results I can conclude that my prediction was correct. My prediction about limiting factors such as Co2 level + temperature were also correct.
I think that my method was suitable for this investigation as you can see from my results. I think that my investigation supports my results and my conclusion